Training for Teachers
Explore the YCJA was created to help you explore the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA) – which governs crimes committed in Canada by persons 12 to 17 years old.
BC teachers can receive professional development credit from the Justice Education Society for achieving a passing score on the final exam. To register for this credit, create an account. Already have an account? Log in.
Explore the YCJA includes 10 chapters, which are shown in the column on the left. Each chapter includes:
- Objectives – key learning points
- In Depth – questions and answers about the YCJA
- Resources – materials that help teach the topic
- Scenario – realistic situations about the YCJA
- Summary – a review of section information
- Assignment – activities for students to explore the YCJA in more detail
- Quiz – an opportunity to test your knowledge
The Society gratefully acknowledges the financial contribution of the Department of Justice Canada - Youth Justice Policy in the creation of this website. If you have any questions on how to use this site, send email to info(@)JusticeEducation.ca.