Learning for Youth
The Learning for Youth section of Explore the YCJA is designed for youth who wish to learn about the law and how it relates to young people who commit crimes. Here, you can learn about the Youth Criminal Justice Act (YCJA), the Act which replaces the Young Offenders Act.
Explore the YCJA includes 10 chapters, which are shown in the column on the left. Each chapter includes:
- Overview– a summary of the section
- In Depth – questions and answers about the topic
- Did You Know? – interesting points about the topic
- Scenario – realistic situations about the YCJA
- Summary – a review of information in the section
- Special Assignment – opportunities to explore the topic in more detail
- Test Your Knowledge – a quiz to review the section content
The Society gratefully acknowledges the financial contribution of the Department of Justice Canada - Youth Justice Policy in the creation of this website. If you have any questions on how to use this site, send email to info(@)JusticeEducation.ca.